Training #2 1v1 Attack
IDEA THAT HAS WORKED WELL (with the teams I have been with so far, this has been a HIT! lets see if
we can keep it going)
- **when players arrive they build into a short-sided game (ie first 2 players play 1v1 progressing to everyone
- try to set up 5-10 minutes before scheduled start time.
- Teach players how to set-up on their own, and encourage this each practice. (May take several sessions
for players to get used to this concept, but I feel it has paid off once it gets going)
- Older players (or sore, injured players) may want to stretch lightly before getting involved
- Parameters of field should stay small as players are not stretched out.
- GREAT to let them play and you watch youll observe some interesting things!
- Allows coach time to set up cones, equipment for training session, and promotes players getting to training
early for some fun, game play.
Extend short-sided game 5 minutes after scheduled start time allows for a 5 minute grace period with late-comers,
and for a unified, energetic bunch to begin training.
**Concept of the day (1v1 ATTACKING) will be accentuated during small-sided and team game play.